Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Beauty Essentials

Even though I love warm weather and days by the pool, it can definitely be more of a hassle to wear makeup in the summer. I have found a bunch of great products that truly are essential to my summer beauty routine.

(clockwise from top left)

Clarisonic Mia- I seriously cannot go a single day without using my beloved clarisonic. If you are thinking about getting one, do it! My skin is baby soft. I use only once a day (at night to wash all the gunk from the day off) with a mild cleanser. I have the yellow but I think the orange is super cute for summer!
Sunblock- My go-to moisturizer doesn't have any sun protection in it, and this is my non-moisturizer supplement. It is REALLY light and non greasy. The SPF is high, but I am really fair and paranoid about skin protection. Who needs a tan (sun damage) when you can buy pretty bronzer?
Smashbox Primer- This color-correcting primer is great for a little bit of redness. They also have other hues for different issues you may have including dullness or dark spots. It is a little pricey, but the tube lasts a long time! 
Mist and Fix- I bought this on a whim not really thinking it would do much, but it does a great job keeping makeup in place. Whether you are planning to go day to night without switching up your makeup or need some help in the summer heat, this stuff will definitely have you covered.
Essie Polish in Spaghetti Strap-I love this light pink hue for summer! I'm not much of a finger polish girl (I can never keep it looking nice for long!) but my toes are always covered. 

Note: I buy most of my beauty products from Sephora (they have a great rewards program!). If you are interested at all in any of these products or anything else, they are offering 10% off TODAY with the code THRILL!. Time to stock up on summer faves! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips!! I love this topic! I have been wondering about the clarisonic, but needed more advice. I have always used oil of olay and love their moisturizing cream with spf. Love your support of rocking the porcelain skin!! I hope it pays off one day for us! I use the green SB primer too, and love it. For anyone wanting to try it, I have seen it in the sample bins at Sephora. I saw another blog post about the make up for ever mist and now I think I have to try!! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete