Friday, May 18, 2012

It's the weekend!


My weekend starts on Thursday as soon as I get out of work, so I usually like to do something fun and low key to kick off the weekend. Last night I went to Rocco's Tacos in Palm Beach Gardens for dinner and it did not disappoint. 


Sangria and tabletop guacamole - perfect start to the weekend!

Today I was in a crafty/baking mood, so I decided to whip up some pretty pink and green cupcakes! 


Aren't they darling? I cheated and used funfetti box mix (you can NOT go wrong with funfetti) mixed with green food coloring gel and then I whipped up some homemade buttercream. Box cake mixes are easy and taste great, but I think adding a homemade touch makes them just perfect! 

Buttercream Icing:
2 sticks (1 cup) butter- softened
3 and 1/2 cups confectionary sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp milk
Optional-food coloring

This recipe is easy-peasy. Just whip together the softened butter, sugar and salt until fluffy. Add the vanilla and milk and you have a tasty homemade buttercream that is sure to impress! 

Happy Weekend!


1 comment:

  1. I so agree - you can never go wrong with funfetti mix! those cupcakes look so yummy. now following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete